Free On-Demand ASCD Webinar with ee Ann Jung and Nancy Frey
Duration: 1 hour, 3 minutes
To realize authentic and equitable inclusion, we must relentlessly and collectively pursue change. This webinar isn’t for “special educators” or “general educators,” but rather for all educators. Authors Lee Ann Jung and Nancy Frey address the challenges, map out the solutions, and provide tools and inspiration for the work ahead. The presenters use examples of empowerment and success from their own practices with schools and districts to illustrate just what’s possible when educators commit to the belief that every student belongs to all of us. This webinar, based on the book Your Students, My Students, Our Students: Rethinking Equitable and Inclusive Classrooms, explores the hard truths of current special education practice and outlines five essential disruptions to the status quo:
- Establish a school culture that champions equity and inclusion.
- Rethink the long-standing structure of least restrictive environment and the resulting service delivery.
- Leverage the strengths of all educators in order to provide appropriate support and challenge.
- Collaborate on the delivery of instruction and intervention.
- Honor the aspirations of each student and plan accordingly.