Add to Calendar
July 29, 2020 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Jan Yost, Executive Director
This webinar is the first in a four-part series on Racial & Ethnic Identities: Supporting Inclusive Environments to Build Trust.
The objectives of the entire series are to
- Explore strategies for creating a more inclusive environment for all students, families, and staff where their racial and ethnic identities are valued and affirmed.
- Gain insight into our own racial and ethnic identities and how our identities impact how we experience the world.
- Reflect on how our racial identity affects how we are or are not impacted by institutional racism and structural inequality.
- Gain insight into how schools can develop/enhance relational trust across racial differences.
During this session
- Explore how teachers and schools are creating a sense of belonging & inclusivity using a variety of resources.
- Explore how identity and intersectionality “show up” in professional peer culture, student engagement, and family & community partnership.
All sessions begin at 10:00 AM and last for 90 minutes.
Although we encourage you to attend all four sessions to receive the full benefit of this series, you can register for individual sessions.
Full Series (4 Sessions) NHASCD/Maine ASCD Members: $50; Non-members: $75
Single Session: NHASCD/Maine ASCD Members: $20 per session; Non-members: $25 per session
MaineASCD members should write to email@example.com for the Discount Code.