This year NHASCD is funding five mini-grant opportunities to NH educators in the area of learning and/or leadership. Proposals will be accepted for programs, projects, initiatives, and/or opportunities that creatively enhance the education and instruction of students in any discipline. Applicants MUST be a NHASCD Member.
Those projects that most closely fit our mission receive priority in the decision-making process. Grants are awarded once per year. The deadline for applications is April 9, 2020.
All awards are $500 each.
The mission of NHASCD is to serve as a catalyst for conversation and action to inspire excellence in teaching, learning, and leading. We believe that everyone learns best when healthy, safe, engaged, supported and challenged.
NHASCD has identified the following priorities for evaluating grant proposals. Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Explore new teaching practices and promote creative, original ideas connected to the curriculum
- Include experiential, cross-disciplinary, or multi-grade learning experiences
- Build community connections
- Enable clear and demonstrable growth in student learning
- Create programs, projects, initiatives, and/or opportunities that have the potential to be replicated and benefit the school or district rather than a single classroom.
- Are not supported through normal school budgets
Grant Restrictions and Requirements
- The mini-grants are a NHASCD Member Benefit. Only NHASCD Members may apply. Not sure if you are a member? Contact Jan Yost (email@example.com).
- Grant proceeds must be used during the 2020-2021 academic year
- You are required to obtain approval from the principal or superintendent of your school/district as part of the application process.
- Program recipient(s) should carefully track expenses and save receipts for use of grant funds. Any unused grant funding should be returned to NHASCD.
- A post project written report and/or video from the grant recipient must be submitted to the NHASCD Board of Directors.
- Information about your project including pictures and data may be used by NHASCD for publicity