ASCD EDAdvantage is calling for submissions on the topic of the Facilitation of Professional Learning with a deadline of midnight, eastern time, on Monday, January 20, 2020. Interested educators and practitioners are welcome to submit original content, to showcase varied strategies and modalities for successful professional learning.
In an age of limited time and resources, the March 2020 issue of ASCD EDAdvantage will focus on the Facilitation of Educator Professional Learning. What tools and technologies are being successfully used to meet the needs of educators as they learn and grow professionally? What are the skills, strategies and promising practices necessary to effectively utilize these tools in enhancing professional practice? How are online media providing new opportunities for educators to learn, share and participate in professional learning networks? What are success stories in delivering and facilitating professional learning that can be scaled and replicated by schools and districts? The Facilitation of Professional Learning is critical in sustaining and elevating the profession for practitioners at all levels, so they can best serve the children, families and communities in their charge.
Original content for the Facilitation of Professional Learning issue can be submitted in one of three categories:
Original articles of up to 1,200 words are welcome to frame the theme for educators. Possible topics include the professional learning needs of today’s educators, approaches to deliver professional learning across available platforms and learning environments, optimal pedagogy and practices for educator professional learning, professional learning considerations for preservice teacher candidates, and school and district professional learning success stories.
Submissions should be submitted in Word format and include:
- the article title
- a succinct 2-3 sentence article description that summarizes the content of the piece
- author names, job titles, email addresses and Twitter handles as they would like them to appear
- a 3-5 sentence biographical summary for each author, and
- a headshot image for each author
Original videos in MP4 (or compatible) format between 2 and 10 minutes in length, with clear audio and steady video recording are welcome for consideration. Suggestions for videos include conversations among professional learning thought leaders and practitioners, clips of faculty engaged in professional learning face-to-face and online, and interviews of local and national educator professional learning experts.
Submissions should include:
- the video title
- a succinct 2-3 sentence video description that summarizes the content of the piece
- creator names, job titles, email addresses and Twitter handles as they would like them to appear
- names of those appearing in the video (if different from the creators)
- a 3-5 sentence biographical summary for each contributor
- a headshot image for each contributor, and
important points the viewer should think about while viewing the video
Original checklists, planning documents, instructions for collaborative tasks, rubrics or other assessments, and any other ready-to-use tools for teachers and administrators that help them to implement and assess effective professional learning. Submissions should be in an interactive and user-friendly formats, including Microsoft Word (doc), Excel (xls) or PowerPoint (ppt) files, Adobe Acrobat (pdf) fillable forms, as well as web-ready (html) pages and images.
Submissions should include:
- the tool title
- a succinct 2-3 sentence description that summarizes the content of the piece
- instructions to successfully use of the tool
- developer names, job titles, email addresses and Twitter handles as they would like them to appear
- a 3-5 sentence biographical summary for each developer, and
- a headshot image of each developer
Please email original submissions to Walter McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ASCD EDAdvantage Professional Learning Submission” by midnight, U.S. eastern time (UTC−05:00) on Monday, January 20, 2020. Accepted content will be formatted and included in the ASCD EDAdvantage Professional Learning issue slated for release March 2020.